Play and Learn: How our Bodies Work
Kids need to know about human anatomy and how their bodies work to get a good idea of how to keep themselves healthy. Learning about staying active and eating healthy is a part of staying fit. Sure they will get exposure to these subjects in school, and maybe learn a thing or two along the way. Fortunately for kids, the Internet offers hundreds of opportunities to learn about anatomy, exercise, nutrition, and keeping their bodies fit through online games, which means they can have fun while learning.
- Inner G: Kids learn about the human body with this interactive game. Elementary, Middle School.
- How the Body Works: A game that uses simple movies, quizzes, word finds and other activities to help kids learn about individual body parts. Elementary.
- Mouthie: An online "laboratory" to learn all about how to have a healthy smile. Elementary.
- Dining Decisions: Kids go through the cafeteria line and choose what they'll have for lunch, with feedback on decisions. High School, Middle School.
- Bone Quizzes: Just for girls, quizzes like "What's you fitness personality?" and "Are you building your Best Bones Forever?" help kids learn about themselves and their bones. Middle school.
- Taz's Munch-N-Crunch: A game to help kids decide what healthy options are. Elementary.
- For a Healthy Future: Games for young children include a favorite snack memory game and "Moving in a Circle." Elementary.
- Food Fury: Kids learn about go, slow and whoa foods in this mind stretching game about healthy and not so healthy foods. Elementary.
- The Human Body: Kids helped to make this kids interactive online book about the body. Elementary.
- Audio Match: Game to learn about fitness words by matching pairs. Game can be replayed with different words. Middle school.
- Staying Fit: Games to have fun while learning about staying fit. Elementary.
- Supermarket Adventure: Kids learn about what's in different foods by making choices, like "three foods that have meat in them." Elementary.
- Breakfast & Jump to It: Interactive food choices (breakfast) game set in a virtual kitchen. Elementary.
- Journey into Nutrition: Games to help students learn about nutrition as they explore the world of food with Little D, Arianna and Chef Combo. Elementary.
- The Diner: Sat and Trans are the Bad Fats Brothers ready show students all about fats in the foods they eat. High School, Middle School.
- Fruit & Veggie Champions: Kids head out to have some fun and learn about nutrition along the way. Elementary.
- Moving to a Healthier Life: Online activity about making active lifestyle choices. Middle School.
- Grab a Grape: Players who know their basic nutrition will have the question that matches the answer in this game. Elementary.
- Neuron Laboratory: Kids have to figure out what's wrong with Frankenbrain. Middle School.
- Food Fun: From apples to zucchini, kids can play with their food here. Elementary.
- The Amazing Food Detective: Aspiring detectives can choose their case, review it and help kids understand how important exercise and diet are. Middle School, Elementary.
- Interactive Body: Students learn about organs, muscles, the skeleton and the nervous system in this learning game. High School, Middle School.
- Mr. Bones: Kids get the chance to put a skeleton together, with all the bones in just the right places. Elementary.
- Extreme Challenge: Players learn about how their muscles work as they "train" and then compete in extreme challenges. Middle School.
- Your Gross & Cool Body: A totally gross look at how the body works. Elementary
- Nano Surgeon: Kids fire antibodies to get rid of microscopic viruses in the body. Elementary.
- Spot the Block: Lots of music to make learning about food fun. Block rocks with songs and videos. Elementary.
- All About the Body: Learners can explore eight body systems, muscles, bones, digestive, circulatory, respiratory, excretory, endocrine and nervous. Middle School.
- Bonko's Body Quiz: Interactive quizzes. Students can test their knowledge about the effects of tobacco and drugs. High School, Middle School.
- Anatomy Arcade: Students serious about learning anatomy can test their knowledge here. High school.
- Play Stuff: Kids play games like "Curve Control" and "Muscle Hustle" about how the body moves. Middle School, Elementary.
- Dr. Saul's Activities and Exhibits: Students can explore fun topics like "Fat Digestion and Bile" and Cardiovascular System in 3-D. High School, Middle School.
- Cell Puzzles: Cells come alive with puzzles, word games and cells cams and more. High School, Middle School.
- Use Your Power: Kids are challenged to make changes in eating and exercise. Elementary.
- Human Body Quiz: Games for kids to learn about the body. They can try "The Scary Skeleton" or "The Tooth Family" and lots of others. Elementary.
- Smart Mouth: Kids learn all about what goes in their mouth, from smart food choices to what's in a label. Middle School.
- Wisenheimers Know: All about making healthy choices fun. Elementary.
- Milk Matters for Kids: Bo Vine the Cow helps kids learn about the importance of milk in their diet. Elementary.
- Simon's Pyramid Pursuit: A card game to learn about which foods go in each food group and how many servings a body needs. Elementary.
- Sport Science: From skateboard or surfing science to the physics of baseball, older students can learn all about sports and take a look at interactive games like "Fastball Reaction Time" and "Scientific Slugger." High School, Middle school.