Is P90X a great system? Absolutely. Does P90X really work? You bet it does! Then why is it that some people just aren’t getting the results they want? What separates these folks from the thousands of amazing P90X success stories you hear online?
Well what we’ve found through feedback and discussions from our users is that people are making some pretty common mistakes that tend to lead to some NOT so amazing results. So without further ado let me introduce…
“THE 7 COMMON P90X Pitfalls”
#1 LACK OF COMMITMENT
This is a big one. P90X is no walk in the park. So many people fail right away due to a lack of commitment. You have to be committed—wholeheartedly!
Solution: Remember your goals
- Identify your goals, you know what they are. You may not like what you’re seeing in the mirror now. You may be looking to get the body of your dreams, you may even be looking to get your cholesterol down!
- Write your goals down on paper and tape it to your wall. Make them the background on your computer desktop or your cell phone.
- P90X Does it Work? Yes, but you’ll need to make your goals your fuel to succeed!
#2 LACK OF MOTIVATION
Will there be times when you feel like the last thing you want to do is your P90X workout? Oh Yeah! In fact one of the hardest times , when it comes to staying motivated will be the very first week! If you’re not motivated you’re in for disappointment.
Solution: Find a workout buddy
- If you have a friend or family member that wants to do P90X with you, you’ll be much more likely to stick to the program. That doesn’t mean that person has to be right there in the living room working out beside you, although that’s even better if they can!
- If you and a friend get on the same schedule with P90X you can call, text, email, or Facebook each other everyday to make sure you’re staying on course!
- Being accountable to someone and having a team approach can really make a major difference!
#3 NOT HAVING THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT
P90X Does It Work? Yes but you’d be surprised how many folks buy P90X without ever asking the question “what exercise equipment is required for P90X.” P90X doesn’t require a world-class gym, but you will need some gear and there are some highly recommended items to help you get the best possible results right out the gate!
Solution: Be informed! Here’s what you need…
Dumbbells or Resistance Bands (or both) are an absolute must. You won’t be able to do the P90X workouts without them!
Pull-ups are part of the program too, you’ll need either the P90X Chin-up bar or opt for the Resistance bands with the Upgrade kit option for modified band-style pull-ups. Click the upgrade kit for details on this…
Now these are optional, but any avid P90Xer will tell you that to really build your chest and arms you’ll want to pick up a pair of push-up stands. We have 2 options: the cheaper P90x Pushup Stands and the deluxe PowerStands
A mat is also optional but highly recommended. You’ll be be on the floor for a lot of P90X routines and when you’re not on the floor you’ll be coming down from a jump. In both scenarios you’re going to want something between you and floor to help absorb pressure and impact. Not to mention these are also great to prevent you from slipping and sweating all over your beautiful carpet! We’ve got 2 options our Yoga Monster Mat, and our P90X Plyomentrics Mat. They are different so click for details.
#4 NOT TAKING ADVANTAGE OF P90X NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS
So many people either are unaware or simply don’t understand the tremendous benefits of the supplements that were specifically designed for P90X. And guess what—they’re missing out on better results!
Solution: Be informed! Here’s what’s recommended…
Sports science studies show that there’s a 1 hour window of opportunity right after your workout where your body is screaming for essential nutrients. If available these nutrients have a MAJOR impact on muscle recovery and GROWTH! P90X Recovery Drink Formula was designed for just this purpose and can make a world of difference in your results. Be sure to click and read the details. Out of all of our supplements this one is by far the most significant.
#5 BAD TIME MANAGEMENT
We all have busy schedules. From work to family to friends—life can be crazy! Those who don’t have a plan never get the results they’re after.
Solution: Make a schedule
- Make your schedule right now! Figure out a time slot that will work everyday where you can reasonably block out 45 minutes to an hour and set it in stone!
- P90xers from our blog tend to recommend doing their workouts in the morning and we tend to agree. You get up, you get your workout in for the day and your done! You’re free to carry on with all of life’s hectic demands and not only that you get the added bonus of having a boost of energy and clarity that will propel you throughout your day! P90X does it work? Yes but you have to manage your time.
#6 NOT CHANGING YOUR DIET
You’d be shocked to hear how many people ask “If I don’t follow the Nutrition Plan, will I still get the same results?” Well…no! Can some people still get really good results on their own diet plan? It’s possible, but you need to know what you’re doing.
If you already pay close attention to what you eat and know how to adjust your current diet to account for the intensity that the P90X workouts will bring, then maybe…
But chances are most people are probably not eating right in the first place, and would either eat too much or not enough of the right foods if left to their own devices.
Solution: Follow the P90X Nutrition Plan!
- P90X includes a comprehensive Nutrition Plan. It takes the guess work out of what to eat and when
- Just stick to the plan!
#7 GETTING DISCOURAGED
A lot of people start to get discouraged when they don’t see results IMMEDIATELY! You have to remember this is NOT an overnight thing. Does P90X work? Yes but some of us will be very much out of shape and overweight when we start, perhaps even coming from a place where exercise wasn’t even part of our lives at all! You have to be realistic.
This is a process and a lifestyle change. P90X works but it’s not instantaneous! Also, don’t let the scale fool you, muscle weighs more than fat. Often times you’ll being looking better and probably loosing inches but the scale says otherwise!
- Be patient. The results will come!
- We’re all different, some will see results in the first 2 weeks but most see the big changes around week 8
- Don’t let the scale play tricks with you get a Body Fat Tester on day 1 to know your body fat changes at all times!